Creating a blog is fun, liberating, soothing, and brings a sense of personal power to yourself but you can also make a substantial living with it. Our goal is to help you tap into that income. We will seek to set you up with a basic process today but will also advise at the end of this post a source of greater training, community support, and professional tools that will have you in a full or Part-Time Business at a lower cost.
How do you create a blog? The 10 things you need to know in order to make money with blogging online.
- What is a blog? A weblog, blog, or online journal is like a diary for a singular interest in your life. It can be a hobby, advice from work experience, or any interest you have online or offline.
- You don’t even have to be an expert. Fact is an expert is someone who learns daily and teaches what they learn immediately and often.
- Niche selection should never start with the product but is a subsection of a much larger interest. An example would be choosing Cross Fit Trainers instead of trying to target the higher competition Shoe niche. An Ideal niche would be CrossFit Trainers for Women and Teens. Men’s dress shoes for executives. Etc.. To successfully promote Tripleclicks you need a niche blog focused on people who are in that niche. Good information allows for successful product placements.
- A good blog will have WordPress as a base and not be on a WordPress.com subdomain. If it takes 6 months to save and get a domain name and hosting services it is worth the $40-$60 a year to make happen. The reasoning is that when you use a hosted blog all of your SEO goes to the root domain, for example, Blogspot.com or WordPress.com get the juice from and my site.theirisite.com. Your own domain is a must. Domain = street address, hosting account = Property, and website = storefront.
- Knowing your post types may just be the biggest secret to success. You need to offer niche training and tips to bring people to the door. You can then show comparisons of types of a product used for that training which will help in research. Then break it down to product reviews which will help in the buying choice of the reader. Each will need good Search Engine Optimization so I recommend learning to use the Rank Math SEO Plugin.
- Keyword Research. Just like coming up with a niche, the common thought is more traffic better keyword but there are millions of sites competing for the search term “shoes” where there are only a few dozes searching for “Cross-Fit trainer reviews” you will find the person seeking this information is able to be reached more easily and the best part is they are already in the search for a specific type of shoe. These are also low competition you can rank easily for save on paid ads with.
- Search Engine Optimization is only a small bear and should be the last thing on your to-do list not the first thing on your mind. You only need one repeat of your chosen keyword in every hundred words including 1 in a title and 1 in your last paragraph. Add them last, after writing your post.
- The writing process should go research like a book report, write like writing to a friend, add great images, optimize for search, and then and only then consider adding 1 or more related products that help with the article’s task.
- Find great images and learn what an alt tag is because you need a headline image that will be your Featured image for your post. Free or Paid invest time in learning Canva.com to make your graphics POP!
- Be a good ambassador for your blog. Like the leaders of the United Nations, you should always have a presence at niche discussions be it forums, other blogs comments, or Facebook Groups. The more you put your blog and your name out there in the niche the more people will trust you as an authority. This extends to guest posting offers in both ways, people generating content for your blog and you being asked to write content for others or appear in Podcast.
How to get additional training in each of these topics?
There are a couple of ways to do this. The first is to trust my list and hunt each subject up in Google and YouTube and trust the people you learn from know what they are talking about. The second is what I did when I had to reboot my blogging business after a devastating nervous breakdown.
I joined Wealthy Affiliate and going on 6 years later I still advise everyone looking to start blogging online to join Wealthy Affiliate.
You get the tools, you get the training, the hosting, and community to help you find success for your blog for under $500 a year or $49 a month. Tools like Jay’s weekly webinar, semi-annual training event’s with marketing millionaire Kyle Loudon and Carson Lim.
- There 120 lessons split between the Affiliate BootCamp for those looking to earn money in the affiliate marketing niche, and the Online Entrepreneurs Certification Course for those looking at any other niche.
- Education is continued through Jay’s weekly Webinars and the Specialized training and blogs from Kyle and Carson the multi-millionaire bloggers who own the company. We also have access to Kyle and Carson by private message and they can be found in Live chat most days between Monday and Friday for at least a few minutes. I have had several chats with Kyle and Carson leads up a support division that is second to none.
- Hosting for 10 sites. This alone is work over $30 a month when you consider that this is WordPress Specialized hosting that has the best in speed and site optimization. This blog posts excellent speed numbers for both Mobile and Desktop because of new blazing fast and cutting edge servers and tools like Kraken Image Optimizer.
- When you pay by the year you get 100 community credits used to get site feedback and expose your content to niche interested readers for seed comments. These are priceless. You also get a free .com Domain Name and a Special Training Class with Kyle only for annual premium members. Beyond that, you will also be able to participate in the Super Affiliate Challenge if your a Bootcamp student or Make Money Online blogger this alone can help you add $7,000 a month or more to your income.
- That doesn’t even mention Jaaxy, the best and simplest Keyword research tool online.
- The last mention but by far my favorite part is community. We have a live chat that is explosive with help and training from site experts and fields hundreds of questions a day in real-time. We have community blogs that expand knowledge and help people express themselves and get to know each other. Private messaging that builds friendships and cooperative projects. There are also hundreds of member created training like my own 3 Million Monthly Visitors Formula that is free with Premium Membership.
Can you get started with Wealthy Affiliate for free?
Yes but with limitations. You get community access for 10 days, a sub.domain.com blog, and have only the first 10 lessons of the OEC or Affiliate BootCamp free. There is however a special offer in that first 10 days to try full Premium access for $19 for your first month.
How Do You Create A Blog? I create my blogs with Wealthy Affiliate. I have been in online marketing and had blogs since 2004 and still am I learning so much from WA. My disabilities since my nervous breakdown have slowed my progress and I love working at my own pace. I also love helping others in live chat and with their community questions. There is no way I would give up all of this extreme value. Beyond that, I also use the list of 10 tips above to expand knowledge through related blogs so I can bring you fresh training here at Affiliate 3 Percent.